Misal Pav is a famous Maharastrain street food, this is a spicy spicy dish and taste totally yum.
To start you will need the sprouts of matki dal. This is how i make the sprouts, wash and soak the dal overnite. Next drain the water and place the dal in a muslin cloth and place it in a box, it will take close to 24 to 30 hours for the sprouts to come out.
1. Heat oil in a pan , add rai and jeera and 1 chopped onion. Fry for a minute.
2. Add r.chilli, haldi , dhaniya powder and a good spoonful of goda masala and saute for 10 secs.
3. Make a paste of little coconut, 5-6 cloves of garlic, 1 small tomato and add it to the pan.
4. Cook the paste nicely and add the sprouted matki and salt. Saute for a couple of mins so that the dal is coated in all the masalas and looks shiny. Add water* and cook for 10 mins. Check if the dal is cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves.
* Add more water as this should be a very thin gravy so u need to add more masalas.
In a bowl firstly add the dal and then top it off with the gravy *( It is also called as Kat ).
Top it off with chopped onion, a spoonful of green chutney (My touch), curds if you want, namkeen of your choice and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
Serve hot with buttered and toasted pav.