I love Pav bhaji and especially the one i make it :). After various trails i have perfected the recipe for the same. So here goes the recipe.
1.Chop 3 potatoes, 1 carrot and some cabbage . Here you can use veggies of your choice.
2.Pressure cook these along with a handful of fresh peas for 3 whistles.
3. Heat oil and butter in a pan and add 1 small chopped capsicum and saute them for a minute, add puree of 1 onion, 3 small garlic cloves and some ginger and fry nicely.
4. Add r.chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, haldi , dhaniya powder and salt and cook for some seconds.
5. Add puree of 3-4 tomatoes and also the boiled and mashed veggies at this stage.
6. Mix nicely, add little water if required to get the right consistency and cook for close to 15 mins.
7. Just before taking it off the heat add a tbsp of butter and coriander leaves.
I always taste and adjust the masalas and seasoning according to my taste. So taste and make it more spicy or less accordingly. The main difference and the best taste was when i added the veggies along with tomato puree. Earlier i used to fry the puree nicely and then only add veggies.
Serve hot with buttered and toasted pav, chopped onion and lemon wedges.