A quick Maharastrian brekki recipe which is also made during fasting days. It is a very easy peesy recipe but the important part of the recipe is the type of sabudana you use. Earlier i have tried with the the regular sabudana but my khichdi turned out to be a messy and gooey mixture, but now i use Nylon sabudana and prepare them on a nonstick pan and they turn to to be great.
Nylon Sabudana (Sago Pearls) 3/4 cup
Potato 1 big
Salt to taste
Peanuts 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp
Soak sabudan for 10 mins and drain all the excess water and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
Dry roast peanuts till light brown and when cooled grind them to a coarse powder.
Chop potatoes into slices or cubes.
Finely chop G.chillies.
Heat oil in a pan, add the 1tbsp peanuts and then g.chilli and potatoes.
Add little salt and saute them till the potatoes are cooked which can take about 2 mins.
Add sabudana, salt and the peanut powder and mix nicely.
Cover with a lid and cook for 5 mins on a slow flame.
Keep stirring occasionally and when done serve hot with a bowl of ghee.
Add or decrease the number of g.chillies according to your taste.
I would suggest making this in a thick kadai or better in a non stick pan,the sago wont stick to the bottom of the pan.
Aloha till next post. 🙂
I love cookies and it is only recently that my cookies are turning out to be decent enough. This recipe is also fromSanjeetha’s blog which she has adapted from Tami’ Blog and they were a success at home, my daughter couldn’t stop from munching on them.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 Cup Maida
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup Peanut Butter
11/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp curds
1 Tbsp Milk
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp Vanilla essence
Handful of chocolate Chips
1. In a bowl mix but flours, Cocoa and baking soda.
2. In another bowl mix all the remaining ingredients and beat nicely till the sugar as melted
3. Mix the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bring the whole mixture to form a dough.
4. Make small lemon sized balls and flatten very lightly.
5. Place them on a baking sheet and bake them at 170c for 12 mins.
6. Cool then on a rack and enjoy these cookies and if leftover store them in a cookie jar.
The cookies turned out to be great and were crispy from outside and a very light chewy texture at the centre. I am at last finding good use of peanut butter.
My only concern was the final look of the cookie, if u visit sanjeetha’s blog for this u will see a big difference in the appearance of the cookie.
After mixing both the ingredients I could form a dough where as her recipe mentions it as a batter…….. will give another try on this to see whether even i get the same outcome.
Last some days have been busy and tiring at home so was not able to post anything….had a long list of recipes to try but apart from the day-to-day cooking dint try anything from my bookmarked list. Baking cookies have always been a disaster for me…..i know you will think how hard can cookies be but very less I have got good results in cookies. The last cookies i had baked where good in taste but on appearance wise they were a downfall. Thanx to Simran who has given me many tips to get the perfect cookies.
Had purchased Peanut butter some time back, but frankly was not very fond of its taste on toast so wanted to use it up in other ways as dint have a heart of thrashing the whole Jar.Then some days back sanjeetha had posted a peanut butter cookie and after looking at her recipe had to try it out. You should hop over to her blog as well she has some healthy baking recipes and next on my list is her Ragi cookies and chocolate peanut butter cookies.
I have followed her recipe completely so surely do try this out……we at home loved this cookie a lot it has nice crust on the top and is a bit chewy from the inside. This is also the 1st time that my cookies have turned out good in appearance as well. Thanx Sanjeetha for the recipe as this is surely a keeper..maybe next time will pick a jar of peanut butter only to prepare these cookies.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Lite Bite
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup powder sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp Milk
1. Mix Butter and sugar nicely till smooth and creamy. I mixed both of them by hand itself till the butter mixture was smooth and creamy.
2. Add peanut butter and mix again
3. Add whole-wheat flour and chocolate chips to the butter mixture and bring the dough to together.
4. here i added a tbsp of milk to get the whole dough together as my mixture was quiet crumbly.
5. After the dough was formed i freezed the dough for half hour.
6. Then make round balls and flatten them a bit with a fork and place them on a baking tray.
7. Bake at 160c for 20 mins.
8. I Could make 10 jumbo cookies.
and the perfect cookies were ready to eat.
My daughter was happily munching on them and she loved it.