I have been planning to make this from such a long time and then I made it atlast yesterday. It came out good and I can use it so many different recipes.
In a blender add 2 garlic cloves, 4 to 5 peices of walnuts , 250 gms basil, salt, juice of half a lemon and 2 tbsp cheese grated. Start blending it and add around 2 to 3 tbsp of olive oil and blend till smooth.
Store it in a bottle and just add some tbsp of olive oil on top if it.
U can ise this in pasta, sandwich, pizza, as a dip……
This sauce is so easy and you can use it so many ways. Make in this when tomatoes are in abundance and you can store it in the fridge for a fortnite or freeze it for longer duration.
Blanch 1 kg tomatoes, peel and puree them. Chop 2 onions and 4 garlic cloves finely.
Heat oil in a pan, add some chilli flakes and some pasta seasoning. Add onion and garlic and saute for a couple of mins.
Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, little sugar ,a big spoon of tomato sauce.
Mix and let it cook for 10 to 15 mins covered.
Once all the water has been reduced store it in a bottle.
I love having different type of chutneys, podi’s or achars in my everyday meal. This recipe is from Aparna’s blog and is a quick and easy method. I loved eating this with hot rice and roti’s but the best was spreading it on a hot dosa ..totally yum.
Chop1 kg tomatoes into small pieces, I just did it in a processor 🙂
In a pan, heat the oil. Add the 1 tsp mustard seeds and 1 tsp methi seeds, when they splutter, add a big pinch of hing.
Stir a couple of times and add 5-6 curry leaves and the tomatoes.
Mix well, add the turmeric and chilli powder and stir well.
Add salt and 2 tbsp Sugar. Add little more sugar if you feel your chutney is a little too tangy.
Mix well and let it come to a boil. Turn down the heat to medium and let the mixture cook down until most of the liquid has evaporated and the oil surfaces.
Once cooled, transfer it to a airtight bottle .
I have kept the bottle in the fridge.
Misal Pav is a famous Maharastrain street food, this is a spicy spicy dish and taste totally yum.
To start you will need the sprouts of matki dal. This is how i make the sprouts, wash and soak the dal overnite. Next drain the water and place the dal in a muslin cloth and place it in a box, it will take close to 24 to 30 hours for the sprouts to come out.
1. Heat oil in a pan , add rai and jeera and 1 chopped onion. Fry for a minute.
2. Add r.chilli, haldi , dhaniya powder and a good spoonful of goda masala and saute for 10 secs.
3. Make a paste of little coconut, 5-6 cloves of garlic, 1 small tomato and add it to the pan.
4. Cook the paste nicely and add the sprouted matki and salt. Saute for a couple of mins so that the dal is coated in all the masalas and looks shiny. Add water* and cook for 10 mins. Check if the dal is cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves.
* Add more water as this should be a very thin gravy so u need to add more masalas.
In a bowl firstly add the dal and then top it off with the gravy *( It is also called as Kat ).
Top it off with chopped onion, a spoonful of green chutney (My touch), curds if you want, namkeen of your choice and a good squeeze of lemon juice.
Serve hot with buttered and toasted pav.
I love Pav bhaji and especially the one i make it :). After various trails i have perfected the recipe for the same. So here goes the recipe.
1.Chop 3 potatoes, 1 carrot and some cabbage . Here you can use veggies of your choice.
2.Pressure cook these along with a handful of fresh peas for 3 whistles.
3. Heat oil and butter in a pan and add 1 small chopped capsicum and saute them for a minute, add puree of 1 onion, 3 small garlic cloves and some ginger and fry nicely.
4. Add r.chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, haldi , dhaniya powder and salt and cook for some seconds.
5. Add puree of 3-4 tomatoes and also the boiled and mashed veggies at this stage.
6. Mix nicely, add little water if required to get the right consistency and cook for close to 15 mins.
7. Just before taking it off the heat add a tbsp of butter and coriander leaves.
I always taste and adjust the masalas and seasoning according to my taste. So taste and make it more spicy or less accordingly. The main difference and the best taste was when i added the veggies along with tomato puree. Earlier i used to fry the puree nicely and then only add veggies.
Serve hot with buttered and toasted pav, chopped onion and lemon wedges.