A perfect snack for a rainy day…… here n Mysore the weather is on the cooler side, summer is already gone long back and so happy for that, I hate summers and the heat it brings. This is a lovely snack and also a healthy one as i have pan-fried it instead of the regular deep-frying. The addition of spinach also ups the health quotient.
Hara Bhara Kebab
makes 6 Kebabs
2 Potatoes boiled peeled and grated
1 small bunch spinach
1 cup boiled fresh peas
1tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp chaat masala
Fresh coriander leaves
1 cheese slice cut into 6 small squares
Bread crumbs 1/2 cup
1. wash spinach leaves nicely and blanch them for 2-3 mins.
2. Dunk them in cold water and press nicely so that you can remove all the excess water. chop them finely.
3. In a wide bowl mash the boiled peas nicely, add spinach.grated potatoes, salt chaat masala and garam masala.
4. Mix nicely prepare round small lemon sized balls and flatten a bit, place the cheese square in the center and close the tikki and flatten slightly.
5. Repeat the same to prepare other 5 tikkis.
6. In a plate spread bread crumbs and coat the tikkis on both sides nicely.
7. Heat a thick cast pan and slightly grease it with oil. place the tikki and spread a tsp oil again. cook on one side and flip over and cook again on the other side as well til a nice crust is formed.
Serve hot with sauce or chutney of you choice.
Add chopped g.chillies for a spicier version.
I have even deep-fried them once and they turn out to be yummier , but a healthier version now.