Last some days have been busy and tiring at home so was not able to post anything….had a long list of recipes to try but apart from the day-to-day cooking dint try anything from my bookmarked list. Baking cookies have always been a disaster for me…..i know you will think how hard can cookies be but very less I have got good results in cookies. The last cookies i had baked where good in taste but on appearance wise they were a downfall. Thanx to Simran who has given me many tips to get the perfect cookies.
Had purchased Peanut butter some time back, but frankly was not very fond of its taste on toast so wanted to use it up in other ways as dint have a heart of thrashing the whole Jar.Then some days back sanjeetha had posted a peanut butter cookie and after looking at her recipe had to try it out. You should hop over to her blog as well she has some healthy baking recipes and next on my list is her Ragi cookies and chocolate peanut butter cookies.
I have followed her recipe completely so surely do try this out……we at home loved this cookie a lot it has nice crust on the top and is a bit chewy from the inside. This is also the 1st time that my cookies have turned out good in appearance as well. Thanx Sanjeetha for the recipe as this is surely a keeper..maybe next time will pick a jar of peanut butter only to prepare these cookies.
Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Lite Bite
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup powder sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp Milk
1. Mix Butter and sugar nicely till smooth and creamy. I mixed both of them by hand itself till the butter mixture was smooth and creamy.
2. Add peanut butter and mix again
3. Add whole-wheat flour and chocolate chips to the butter mixture and bring the dough to together.
4. here i added a tbsp of milk to get the whole dough together as my mixture was quiet crumbly.
5. After the dough was formed i freezed the dough for half hour.
6. Then make round balls and flatten them a bit with a fork and place them on a baking tray.
7. Bake at 160c for 20 mins.
8. I Could make 10 jumbo cookies.
and the perfect cookies were ready to eat.
My daughter was happily munching on them and she loved it.