Blogging has been fun till now, My 1st post on the blog was a cake and the journey till now has been good. When i had started the blog i used to think that they are so many food blogs available out there, will somebody stop on my blog as well to have a peek, Thanx to everybody who took time out and visited my space. It is a good feeling when others drop by the blog…….To tell the truth i used to visit the stats page everyday to see how many views the blog has had and it was a slow start but happy to be here. My 1st post on the blog was a vanilla custard cake and so to celebrate this occasion i present a chocolate cake to you all, it is a bit different from the regular cakes as butter or oil is not used in this, i have used malai for this recipe. Malai is the cream u get on top of the milk, and the cakes turns out good as well. So store tha malai and do try this cake out.
Malai 1/2 Cup
All Purpose Flour 1 Cup
Milk 1/4 Cup
Sugar 3/4 cup
Cocoa Powder- 1/4 Cup
Baking Powder 1/2 Tsp
Baking Soda 1/4 Tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
1. Mix malai,milk and sugar and blend till mixed nicely.
2. Pour it into a vessel and add vanilla essense and mix.
3. Sift the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and fold it into the milk and malai mixture.
4. Pour the batter into a greased cake tin and sprinkle chocolate chips on top
5.Bake in a preheated oven for 25 mins at 180c
6. Invert on a wire rack and cool for some time.
I usually like my cakes warm so i dont wait for it to cool completley.
This cake was prepared for a friend of mine i was visiting and hope that she liked it.